Saturday, October 4, 2008

The MTC





On Wednesday, October 1st we traveled to the MTC -Arrival time 11:30 a.m. Volunteers had everything so organized - from parking, to luggage, to pictures, to your lunch ticket, and on and on. We had a few minutes to take pictures, then on into the building while you got your badge and information, then into a short meeting. We sang "Called to Serve" (or at least some did, I couldn't do it through the tears), had some speakers who spoke of your service and what your expereince will be like in the MTC, watched a short video. Then, as one speaker said, make the goodbyes short -it's easier - and after hugs and more hugs, tears from Mom and Dad, and I love you's, off you went. As you looked back through the door you were smiling - excited to start this new experience! Tender moments for sure, but a calm feeling of knowing you were ready and able to serve the Lord!

3 comments:

Randy said...

Awesome blog. Thanks for sharing. We want Zach to know, although we were unable to get to SLC, he was in our thoughts and prayers. This is an exciting way for us to follow along with him on his journey for the Lord.

Unknown said...

This brings up mixed emotions... I wish I could have been there (the MTC) because it's such an exciting time and I don't like missing out, but then again I'm kinda glad I couldn't because it'd make it harder on Zach and me, plus it's a family thing. If you have more pictures I would love to have them to compile another CD with all sorts of mission pictures!

Beth Durtschi Moore said...

This is great Kris. Got me teary-eyed. In six months I should be doing the same thing. How exciting!!!