Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The Farewell










We were so proud as you gave your farewell speech on Sunday, September 21, 2008! You were confident, strong, and gave a wonderful message.

You spoke of Helaman's son, Nephi, and his experiences. Some of the reasons you gave for going on your mission were (1) so I can be an example to others who will go, (2) because if I didn't go, the people who are prepared to hear me teach will miss out on that opportunity, (3) because I want to see the world outside the Utah bubble : ) , (4) because I want everyone else to know what I know and to feel the things I've felt, and (5) because I have seen it positively affecting everyone I've ever seen come back from a mission, (5) because I want my wife to be someone who wants to marry a returned missionary.

You had so many people in attendance, both relatives and friends. People travelled far distances to support you. There were relatives on both sides of the family, as you can see from pictures posted. You had friends from high school, friends from church, and friends from Neumont University.

We had quite a gathering after church at the house - over 80 people - who came to celebrate your day. We had some of your favorite things - ham, baked beans, brownies - and everything in between! A special day with pleasant memories with those who love and support you in your mission call!

No comments: